RE: Barefootin' at the Biltmore

Ed,

Thanks for your post!  In the event that you don't hear of anyone who is
endurance riding barefoot at the Biltmore ride (sounds great... am a NCSU
alumnus and used to go mt. biking in that area during breaks), I will
provide a website for you to peruse.  This site will have all the
information you'll need, including a list of certified trimmers who might be
in your area, as well as on-line photos of hooves that folks submit for
consulation.  These photos often include "before and after" shots of hooves
experiencing varying degrees of differnt pathologies, including "navicular
syndrome", founder (chronic laminitis), rotated coffin bones, severely
contracted heels, etc., as well as how they now look after months of
treatment and conditioning.

There is a *lot* of information on that site, mostly from the links
provided.  It might take you a good while to wade through some of it, but
generally it is all quite worthwhile and very educational.  I think it would
be quite helpful, and there are folks there whose brains loved to be picked
for the information you seek!  Best of luck in your endeavors; feel free to
contact me privately should you be in need of more resources.

For related web sites, incl. info on where to get books, supplements, tools,
boots, etc.:

For files, which include hoof boot info and photos we share to get feedback
on:

I hope this is of some help to you.

Kindest Regards,

Tracey Ritter