Re: Re: People diet for endurance (long reply)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Robyn Levash"

Thank's Robyn, that's exactly what I wanted to say but didn't want to take
the time to type it all out!
I switched to a mostly vegan diet 5 years ago because of health problems and
low energy. I had been taking Verapimil (sp?) for 7 years for mitrel valve
prolaps, my Dr. said there was nothing else I could do.
Within 6 months of changing my diet I was not only off my heart medication
but all my other health problems went away....alergies, acne, aches and
pains and more that I don't even remember. I no longer get as sore when I
ride in fact if I ride my mare who is much smoother then my gelding, I don't
get sore at all! I just rode 4 days of the fall XP and felt fine afterwards!
   Last year I had a blood work up done, and my protien level was toward the
high end, the nurse was shocked when I told him I was a vegetarian! No, I
don't use soy products for protien, you get plenty from fruits and veggies
in a form your body can use.
  I also use a product called Barley Green made from the juice of young
barley plants and carrot juice when I take the time to make it.
   I no longer need electrolites on rides in fact they seem to make my hands
swell up. On ride mornings I have one tablespoon of Barley Green and a
banana, A couple hours later I eat an apple, if I feel like it at lunch I
might have an almond butter and jelly or veggie sandwich. I always eat a
Cliff bar (no refined sugar)somewhere along the way and snack on dried
fruit.
If I really want something sweet I might mix carrob chips and raw cashews
together, really good on a hot day when they get all melted together!!

Lori Cox