Fw: nueroma

I had really painful nueroma's in both feet for several years.  I used to run competitively, and it pretty much ended my running for awhile.

Looking back, I believe it all started when I had a bad fall on the ice and knocked my pelvis out of place.  I did visit a podiatrist about having surgury, but am wary of such invasive procedures in general, and had many people warn me against it.

I finally found a very good PT who gave me a series of exercises to do to get my hips working correctly again.  No kidding, after doing these exercises religiously (at least 1 hr a day for 6 weeks) I was so much improved I ran an 18 mile race in the mountains a few months later.  Sometimes I'll notice my hips starting to feel weird, and I know its time to start my exercises again.

This has all but cured my nueromas.  I still have a large callous on one foot where it used to bother me, but that is slowly going away.

I'd recommend looking into a biomechanical cause of this.  I tried orthotics, helped very little, and have had cortisone for other injuries (wouldn't do it again) - it helps but it is temporary - maybe a few months.

Best of luck!!
Kathy

ps I also tried accupuncture and got alot of relief as long as I had regular treatments.  But then my accupuncturist moved and I tried 3 others and didn't have nearly any relief from their treatments - so make sure you find a good one!

pss  as far as riding goes, I find the EZ ride stirrups are comfortable for me, and I have cagea on them which allows me to put my foot in deeper and is MUCH more comfortable