From: tallcarabs@juno.com
To: ridecamp@endurance.net
Subject: RC:  RE: Re: People diet for endurance
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2001 12:11:49 -0500

   Ok, let's see if I can clarify my headaches a bit.   The pain is an
intense throbbing in my forehead and behind my eyes.  I haven't thrown up
yet, but the nausea does get quite bad.  My helmet fits good, snug, but
not tight.  Blood pressure is pretty low - not bad low, but on the low
end of the normal spectrum.  I do get pretty nervous and Scarlet does jig
the first couple of miles.  She has come a long way at learning to
control herself and it's not too hard to keep her at a decent pace in the
beginning anymore.   The headaches are worse when it is hot.  What is
interesting, is that I also do trail rides with a buch of arena/show
people on weekends - sometimes 4-5 hours long in the hottest part of the
day (SE TX, so we're talking high 90's to low 100's with hgh humidity),
but I never get a headache after those rides.  The LD's that I do, I'm
usually done by 11 or so, which is before the heat really gets bad.  So,
I guess we're talking tension, nervousness a higher expenditure of energy
(the other trail rides aren't very fast).  Does this help much?

Rae
Tall C Arabians - SE TX