People diet for endurance

Hi guys

We've managed (mostly) to sort out our horses' diet for doing long distances, but now I would like more info on a COMPLETE diet for humans.  I know lots of discussions mentioned the merits of pickles, bread, peanut butter, etc, etc, but my particular problem is a longer term diet.  I suffer from extremely low blood pressure and my blood sugar can be normal one minute and drop like a boulder down a ravine the very next.

I've tried carbo loading a few days before by eating lots of pasta and fruit, but I still get drop-down tired by the end of 40 kms.  I have a 2 water bottles, one filled with water and one filled with an energy drink the marathon runners use.  I drink that during the time I ride.  I've tried some of those high energy, gas drinks, but they don't really work for me.  I'm worried that next year I'm going to have a real problem when I'm doing 60s and 80s.

Thanks
Kristene
PS  Jim & Heidi (and Cindy B.) notice I'm taking the plunge by doing 80s next year!