Riding During Hunting Season

I live in eastern Massachusetts where opportunities to deer hunt are
limited, so our woods can be full of hunters during deer season.  Where I
live, the deer hunters are the only ones you have to worry about (we don't
have elk, moose or other large animal seasons), and only during shotgun
season.  The bow hunters and primitive firearms hunters are courteous and
requires some skill to get an animal with. They know that we don't scare off
the deer either, so we are no threat to them.  You can't hunt with a rifle
in Massachusetts either.  We don't ride during shotgun season, but at least
we can ride on Sunday because of our puritan ancestors, there is no hunting
on Sunday. But we still wear orange.  I have an orange fleece saddle pad, a
orange rump cover, an orange vest for myself, orange bridle cover and orange
polo wraps.  And we talk and make a lot of noise.

Carolyn Burgess