Re: Riding Bred Mares in LD's

Why would a Ride Manager care whether a mare was bred or not?

The only thing I can think of is the fear of a mare catching something
while in Ridecamp that aborts the pregnancy (most common case taken
care of by rhino shots), and blaming the Ride Management.  Otherwise,
all I can think of is fear of excessive stress on the mare damaging
her chances for a successful term delivery.  What is this fear based on?
I could see late term being a problem, and perhaps very early
term, but mid-term seems kind of a non-issue.

Is this perhaps some relic of an older era whose issues no longer
exist?

Puzzled,

Linda B. Merims
lbm@naisp.net