Re: some basic questions..

Kelly,
4-H should also provide you with the books that contain these answers!  I
know they do because I have seen them and read them.  Do you have 4-H leader
to work with you?  You are not expected to know these things all at once...
that's why you have meetings and activities, etc.  To learn!  Anyway, as a
point of interest I would like to add that those books that 4-H provides (at
least the ones I have seen from MSU) are not infallible and some of the
information is not very up to date at all...definitely do not believe that
the ideal angle for a horse's hooves are 45 degrees.  NOT!  You have already
made great strides toward learning much of what you need to know by seeking
out guidance on Ridecamp!  Add some experience to that, keep learning and
riding and you'll be on your way!!  :)  Good luck!
Maggie