Shifting saddle at trot!

Judith Stirling alan_judith@talk21.com
Hi all, well here in Wales I've got a slight problem with
Rufus (hes PBA - about 14% Saddlebred - but SB on both
parents sides - shows in his amazing laid back temperament!!!-
also he does a "running" trot at times so perhaps a gait somewhere!!!!

Anyway - problem is that hes ridden  with Ortho Flex sadles (even worse
with conventional treed saddles!) - Amigo & Cutback - both of which he
goes really well in - at at trot he "shifts" the saddle over to the right
at the rear - so much so as to make the rider unbalanced, this does not
happen at the walk or the canter.  We have tried all the ideas of shims in
diffenrent places - nothing makes any difference - think this is going to
be something that the rider is going to have to compensate for.

Obviously this is not ideal - but he did a fast 18 miler over our steep
Welsh hills yesterday with no problems at all under a OF Amigo & a rider
who had only been on him very briefly before.

So - any ideas very welcome - am not going to change our saddles - love
our OF lots!!!

Regards,

Judith