A Tale of Two Twitties, or ........

...... more appropriately,

The Tale of Braveheart and Chicken Shit

Chapter one

Our story begins on a lazy Saturday afternoon.  The phone rings.  "Hi.
How are you doing?  I was worried about you and since I haven't heard
from you for a few days I thought I'd check up on you."  "I'm doing much
better.  Don't feel like I'm going to barf everytime I put something in
my mouth anymore.  My spirits have improved somewhat.  What are you
doing?"  "I was thinking of going to the barn and go for a little mosey."
 "Just what the doctor ordered!  I'll meet you there at 5."

And, so, it begins ...

Braveheart is already at the barn when Chicken Shit arrives.  Braveheart
is walking her beautiful, grey gelding that is still recuperating from a
ligament injury.  The grey is getting tired of being cooped up all the
time and desperately wants to 'let go' .  Braveheart will have none of
this and decides to put him away.  The grey is quite insistent that he
receive a carrot from out of Chicken Shit's bag before he is willing to
go away quietly.  The big, dark eyes and soft, searching muzzle are too
much for Chicken Shit to ignore and she gladly gives the beautiful, young
heartthrob a big, juicy carrot.

By 5:30 the two ladies are saddled and mounted on their striking mares.
Braveheart's lass is of Middle Eastern heritage.  Tall for the breed,
creamy white from head to toe.  She also possesses a quality unlike most
other makes and models of her kind, she has the ability to mosey.  While
Braveheart uses her for un-mosey-like competitions, at which she excels,
she has the ability to shift gears and slow herself down to a mind
numbing crawl.  Like a Jeep CJ 7 with an 8000 pound winch in the front
and two extra gas can carriers in the rear, she shifts into 4-low and
crawls over everything in her path.  Chicken Shit's mount is good ol'
Made in the USA.  Really big, really beautiful; but definitely of a
different class.  At one time she could have been considered a Lincoln
Navigator - big, comfortable, but 4-wheel drive capabilities limited to
snow on the highway; she has metamorphosed into a Cadillac.  A gas
guzzling, boat fit only for the most well maintained roads.

And, so, BRVHRT on her Jeep, and CHKNSHT on her Cadillac set off on an
adventure that no one would have believed possible for such an innocent
little mosey.

All the streets in Horsetown, USA have bridle paths down them and the two
started off in their normal mosey direction.  We are talking mosey too.
Neither the Cadillac nor the Jeep had any designs on getting out of first
gear; but the Cadillac was quite insistent the little Jeep remain in the
rear.  BRVHRT tried pulling alongside CHKNSHT a few times, but the
Cadillac would glare at the little Jeep seeming to threaten her with
fender damage if she got too close; but the ladies knew the Caddie was
all bluff.  The little Jeep didn't care.  She was content to go where
ever BRVHRT asked.  The Jeep knows the Cadillac is all bluff too!  But
the Caddie does so love to cruise down the highway at the front of the
parade, parting the spectators and passing slower traffic.  The longer
the parade behind her the more important she feels.

The Girls reached the usual turning point for their mosey's, but instead
of turning right they went straight.  BRVHRT wanted to go check on a
friend of hers, so a new route was taken.  The Friend, and Friend's Wife,
were just coming down their driveway to go out to dinner when the Jeep
and Cadillac strode up the long drive.  Introductions were made and a
short conversation ensued.  Friend commented on Jeep's condition and on
Cadillac's size and good looks, and then they parted.

BRVHRT says, "Let's go that way."  "Fine by me," replies CHKNSHT.
Cadillac just turned onto a street she had never been on before.
Cadillac was a little unsure of the neighborhood, but with Jeep right
behind her she gathered her strength and continued to lead the way.  "Is
that Hidden Valley," asks CHKNSHT?  "Yes.  Do you want to go home through
the hills instead of the streets," asks BRVHRT?  "How steep are the
hills?"  Cadillac's feet necessitated her retirement from off-roading,
and steep hills are painful for her.  BRVHRT knows this and reassured
CHKNSHT that nothing was too strenuous for Cadillac.  CHKNSHT trusts
BRVHRT and since she had never had the opportunity to get back in the
hills since moving to Horsetown she jumped at the chance to see something
other than the beloved riverbed.

End of Chapter One