Re: RC: Elevating

Kris,
Rides that will allow elevating must sanctioned and advertised as such. A
rider can't just decide to do so at any ride they choose.
The ride manager will probably be pleased if a rider does so, since the
manager is the one who has decided to offer that option at their ride.
The reason is to allow someone the option of trying a longer distance after
they have completed a shorter one. (Although, once you decide to elevate you
lose your completion  at the shorter distance.) So you could enter the 50 &
if you & your  horse are feeling great, elevate. If you've had better days,
you can quit with credit for your 50.

Nancy Mitts