Re: RC: Fwd: RC: Terrorism

In a message dated Sun, 16 Sep 2001  8:13:22 PM Eastern Daylight Time, sjfleetwindarab@webtv.net (Joe) writes:

> I was replying to this...terrorist sympathizers, not a miss spelled
> word.  The President even said "Either you are with us or you aren't"

And so, Joe, just what do you object to in the post you copied?  Do you really find American fairness and justice repugnant?  Do you really want us to just lash out, regardless of whether we know if our target is indeed the guilty one?  That seems like a strange position for a veteran, who fought to uphold the principles on which this great nation is based.  Since the poster posted that particular post, it appears that more leads are indeed pointing toward Osama bin Laden.  And if he is the guilty party, so be it.  (My bet was on him from the outset of this attack, but having a hunch that he is the most likely guilty party and actually proving that are not the same thing.)

Bravo for folks who can restrain their anger long enough to remember that this nation is founded on principles, and who won't sell those principles short, just because we are in pain.  It takes a lot of class to rise above pain and retain one's principles.

Heidi