rideg bred mares in LDs

Tami keller ckellerfarm@stellarnet.com
Hi all,
I once again have come to ask what may seem to be a dumb qustion.
There is a ride next week I plan on going to. The 7E barn burner ,FUN!
Have a very good friend who's coming with to try her frist 25! She does
alot of trail riding, just never anything like this. I just know once I
get her there ahe'll be hooked, and I'll have training partner next
summer!
Anyway here my qustion. I have 2 horses  I could ride, one is a very green
4 year old gelding, who has much to learn, but is my horse for next year.
The other is my 11 year old mare, whom I hope is bred for a May
foal.(Haven't had her checked yet will in December, when the vet out
checking PGing cattle.) Which horse do I ride? My mare has been ridden
about 2 times a week  this summer and completed last year in the same
ride.  I know she'll not have any trouble. The gelding is still very green
so for only about  ridden an  few hours at a time a few times a week, with
the month of August of because of a cat. So it could be a bit harder on
him, I'm thinking.
 But  we'd be going real slow as it would be my friends frist competative
ride. I and everyone who knows me on this list knows, I not in it to win:)
Ye, last year my dauther and  I were dead last, I think Mary sent out the
seach dogs:))ha!
My feelings are to ride my mare, as the gelding is still pron to spooking
a bit and getting over excited. But on the other hand it would be good for
him too. See where I going with this around and around.
Help!
Tami ( who is know for not being able to makeup her mind!)
Ideed ( I can do it )