endurance vs Natrc

Elayne hnic452@AOL.COM
I've attended 2 LD rides and both times I thought my horse
looked really bad at completion. He was well prepared prior
to the races. He didn't drink well on course and had low gut
sounds at the end of each. I took the entire 6 hours to
complete, so we weren't rushing, but I do believe we went too
slow sometimes and too fast sometimes. I was thinking about
switching to NATRC because of the pacing required, but was
wondering if the same types of problems occur during these
rides also. Why are mile markers not used in endurance?