Re: RC: Re: What we expect

Lisa,

Now that I'm an AERC member I can contribute to some of these conversations.
I feel compelled to tell you what toasts my nut:
people who join an organization composed of volunteer leadership who then
act like they are owed something by that organization simply for paying
dues. Hey, it's just a bunch of volunteers doing the best that they can!

It's not a customer/company relationship. You and I are NOT SERVED by the
organization; rather, we are a PART of the organization. The people in
leadership have stepped up and offered their services and expertise most
likely because they feel compelled to do so (someone must take on these
no-win volunteer leadership positions that often result in personal
expenses) and because it is their passion. They don't do it for money or
recognition. Who knows why they do it? They must be nuts!

I do some community volunteering with my horse club and dog training club
and see the exact same mindset. I even see the same thing in the dog therapy
group I lead for goodness sakes!

Merryben, you are to be commended for your devotion to our sport. There are
members who pay attention to and recognize what you do. Even new members
like me.

Deanna
AERC# M30478