Re: RC: Aussie saddles

Hi Beth,
Sorry to hear you had a negative experience with your aussie saddle. I'm not
familiar with the exact saddle you were using but it sounds like it wasn't
the right model saddle for the job. I have a Syd Hill Endurance model
(unfortunately the one for sale in the classifieds right now) that only
weighs 20 pounds fully geared up, was very comfortable for the long rides at
any gate (especially down hills! fun!) and the quality is superb! No
problems with the stirrup leathers, or any other part of the saddle. Loved
everything about it. The only reason it's for sale is that my 8 year old
arab matured over the season so much (damn, him! <g>) that he's too big for
the narrow tree now. But before a few months ago, it never caused any sores.
I'm looking to replace mine with the same thing in a wider tree. I've also
been told that for endurance its best to go with the fleece or sheepskin
covered panels rather than the serge panels for better weight distribution.
Just my two cents!
Brittany