Blood Typing Thanks - The Mundane and The Horror

Thank you all who sent me info about how and when an Arabian in the U.S. is
blood typed. I realize that my new 3 yr old filly is already blood typed. I
strongly suspected that Diva was pregnant. She has an amazing belly that has
grown since May when I got her and I found out that an uncut colt was living
in her herd. I decided to have her palpated by the vet which was scheduled
for yesterday afternoon. I was pondering the changes in my training plans
this unplanned pregnancy would cause as I worked on a PC repair, Tues AM.
About that time all hell broke loose in New York. I watched the television
in our network control center as an airplane tore thru the second tower. I
realized I should go retrieve our shop TV from another floor where I had
left it overnight. I went to our top floor and rolled the TV and equipment
stand into the hallway to head for the elevators, officers and civilians
dodging around me. Suddenly a stanger turned to me and said the Pentagon had
been hit! I left the TV in the hall and ran to the stairwell and up the
steep flight of stairs to the roof where many of our antenna's are mounted.
The DOD building I work in is only a 1/2 mile west of the Pentagon, up on a
hill. Our view of the eight-sided monstrous building was shocking and
frightening. We have personnel who work within the Pentagon, were they safe?
We know now that they are. All federal offices were eventually closed and I
began a looong drive homeward, filled with fear, sadness, disgust and anger.
My husband was home before me, planted in front of our television, glued to
the news. Eventually the vet arrived and the news is I have a fat horse, not
a pregnant one. She eats everything in sight and if there's no forage she'll
happily work on the fences!!! Back to the training plans. Good thing as my
riding mare is now sidelined, and won't be competing again this year. Back
to the news, to the horror. Feeding time rolls around and the contrast
between the peace of munching horses, fly spray, water troughs and terror.
Unbelievable!

Bonnie Snodgrass