Re: RC: Re: RE: OT Terrorists

CMKSAGEHIL@aol.com wrote:

> > It's not OUR fault that they are in
> > this situation....in fact, in most cases, we have tried to HELP.
>
> That is debatable.  We have not caused the age-old animosity between Arabs and Jews.  It was a historical fact long before the USA was ever a glimmer on the horizon.  However, when the Jews pushed for their own piece of real estate in the 40's, and became the modern Israel, we provided a great deal of assistance in that little venture.  And that occurrence is what pushed many Palestinians out of their homes and into refugee camps.  Did we do it to purposely hurt the Palestinians?  No.  But did our actions play a part in it?  Yes.  As a result, can I understand their animosity toward us?  Yes.  Does that make me excuse their actions?  No.

You're right.  Israel in the 40's was much in the same position the
Palestinians are now. I'm not a strong student of history in this area,
but I believe had we not assisted, Israel as we know it probably would
not exist today. However, we have also tried to push Israel toward the
same solution for the Palestinians.  We HAVE tried to help...misguided
as it may have been over the years.  Terrorism against Israel...and
other countries..has become a "way of life". They teach their youth this
doctrine. Probably the only way there could ever be permanent peace here
is to move the real estate of one of the countries to the other side of
the world.....and put up a fence.  And I DON'T understand their
animosity toward us. Advocating peace and an end to violence between
Israel and Palestine is a reason to celebrate terrorist attacks on us?
I don't think so!

Jim, Sun of Dimanche and Mahada Magic