Living Close to Ground Zero

Diane Nelson safehavn@fast.net
We were just there, two weeks ago.  On a bus trip to do a lunch
cruise and then a Broadway show.  The cruise left from the
marina at the WTC.  We were just there, at that exact time of
the morning.  We got the photo momentos of our trip on Monday...
beautiful shots of Manhatten from the ship, the Towers regal
and proud.

We were just there.  We walked the Battery, we went into the
buildings to ogle the marble and glass and steel, and to
marvel at the beehive that makes up the urban world.  Two
country bumpkins, jaws dropping, in awe of all we saw.

We were just there.  And it is no longer.

I have no more tears, only anger.  And resolve.

Diane in Allentown PA, 75 short miles from Ground Zero