Re: RC: US is attacked!

In a message dated 9/11/01 5:40:45 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
happyhoofprints@hotmail.com writes:

Yes, I guess, this is not a subject for Ridecamp.

I don't know - it seems almost sacrilegious to speak of anything so, well,
can I even say 'frivolous'? You know that's not what I mean but when we have
such a perspective as we have been dealt today, it MUST take away from us as
a people if we don't find our way together, and this is one forum to talk
with people we 'know' and with whom we have a bond. Do we need an appropriate
thread to filter this through? well, because we live HERE and not THERE, we
have the profound privilege of owning horses, putting them in our yards in
some cases, riding off into the sunset - or the dawn - ladies and gentleman,
we are free to do these things. Some sense of jealousy  or sick kind of
self-righteousness perhaps at play wants to take this from us even if it
means robbing us of our sense of personal security. I was in awe of the sight
of our entire body of congress together, arms linked and hearts shown broadly
singing "God Bless America". I don't know about you, but that alone sent
tears down my cheeks - in everything, no matter how dastardly, there can be
found a blessing - yes indeed. In the meantime, I think consider - with all
due respect to all - that there is no finer place to weigh the worth of who
we are, where we are and what we are about. I think I will take a moment to
go hug each horse, each dog, each child - perhaps someone else's as well -
and to thank God that more damage was not done.
San
p.s. forgot - the rat needs a hug too - darling girl!