Re Terrorist--Maryanne's post

MaryAnne made a probably unpopular but very valid  (and IMO corageous)point.
You're talking about people who have been getting killed and having their
homes and livelihoods destroyed for *years* now, while to their eyes, the
US not only didn't help, but sent aid to their oppressors. A certain amount
of "Now *you* know how it feels" is understandable.
I have a friend (American) who visited the West Bank several years ago, and
later told me he'd never been so scared in his life as he was walking past
the Israeli army security lines. And he's a military vet.

I just hope the folks in charge here don't confuse justice with vengeance...
As Ghandi said, "an eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind."
                                --CMNewell