Re:What we want

Let me clarify something. When I say you are preaching to the wrong choir, I mean that the people on ride camp already know of what you speak. (They know everything) The members that need to be informed and brought up to speed are the majority. You know, the ones who are the most represented at the rides. The backbone of endurance. The LDer's.  Not that they don't read EN, but up until the past few years, they were not really supported nor acknowledged as endurance riders. However, they are and have always been the largest group at any given ride. They come to get a good days ride, camp, enjoy time with the family and support the sport.  Don't you know there are plenty of LD riders that would love to see some things change. And believe it or not, a lot of them know plenty about the sport and where it is headed. Most of them stay in the LD because they just want to ride and they certainly don't want to see money in the sport. They are very concerned about trails and places to camp because that is a major draw to the sport for them. There is old blood and new blood in LD and they are willing to help.Just ask.  They also might have some extra time because they aren't spending all weekend trying to get in that 60 mile training ride. The more I read your comments, the more I am with you. I am just not sure where to start. I'll vote for you Bob, if that is what it is going to take. By the way, I have written letters to AERC in the past without so much as postcard in return. E-mail has been answered. Lisa Salas, The Odd fARM