Riders rights ( Used to be Sierra Club)

Dear fellow RCers,
 I had looked at hiking/backpacking with my dogs. In researching and
talking with members of clubs and others interested in this endeavor, I
found out a LOT of those people wanted you to take a baggy and pick up
your dog's feces as well as your own! These people believed in leaving
the woods as you found it LITERALLY!
 If there are people out there who want you to clean up your bodily
functions as well as those of a DOG, how do you think they feel about
horses? Horses tear up the woods, they leave large piles of poop. Their
shod hooves carve trails out of the woods, and leave large holes when the
trail is wet and muddy.
 If you are apathetic to what Howard and others are saying, then you are
part of the problem. Here in Florida, there is a group that has worked
hard to get horses into the state forests. I just found out about them
myself last week at the local trail riders' club meeting. They have gone
from just three state parks in our whole state, to half of them now
allowing horse riders to enjoy what only hikers had been allowed to.
 Our local club is going to help them raise more money with a charity
ride challenge. It will be kinda like a free style trail class at a show.
I for one am going to help out. I hope that others on the list, not
involved with their local club get out and at least support these
classes. Right now, I can't afford to join many clubs at all, but I can
enter classes and help volunteer at rides.
Remember, it was the apathetic silent majority that ALMOST won England
our Revolutionary War. Will you lose this battle for us?
In His Hands,
Lisa P.
www.outbackacres.com
Riding: the art of keeping a horse between yourself and the ground.