Re: RC: Re: melanomas in greys

Dr. Newell

Any input about the idea of excising local melanomas?   My grey has a 1cm
nodule under his tail, totally unchanged for the last 5 years (he is 10).
Two endurance vets have suggested removing it, since it's round, mobile,
clear edges (feels like a small marble under the skin).   My home vet said
don't TOUCH IT w/ a scalpel - attempts to excise make 'em spread.   Any new
info?

thanks,

pat farmer