From: SquareRock@aol.com
To: suendavid@worldnet.att.net ; ridecamp@endurance.net
Sent: Sunday, September 09, 2001 2:57 PM
Subject: Re: iron supplement

Hi Susan:

      Laredo's iron tends to fluctuate.  He became severely anemic in
January - to the point that a slow trot would send his HR into the 200's.  We
(the vet and I) are not sure why this happened.  He does not appear to have
been bleeding (internally or otherwise).  The only difference was that I had
taken him off Select II and because of the ice, he had a month or so off.  I
have had him on Lixotonic since then with great results.  Without the
supplement though, his iron tends to go down (don't have levels here with
me), though not as drastically.  Since we have just started to ride again
(since January), I am worried that his levels would get very low again.

      Any ideas?

Linda S.