Re: Halter Bridle Combos

K S SWIGART   katswig@earthlink.net  wrote:

> p.s.  Personally, I do not care for the halter/bridle combos that have a
> bit
> hanger that snaps onto the cheek pieces of the halter, not only because it
> can be difficult to get the bit into the horse's mouth (because you have
> bring it in from the side rather than the front), but also because it does
> not hang the bit properly in the horse's mouth.

This has been my concern.  I posted a second question concerning this.
I think it may work okay for a simple snaffle bit, but I'm concerned
with how a curb bit might hang from the cheek piece hangers.  Since it's
not a solid piece coming down from the poll...there's a break in the
material with a ring or snap.  Does this affect how the bit hangs, or
how the leverage of the bit might work on the horse's poll?

Anybody?

Thanks,

Jennifer