Re: RC: Norco Ride Heat Stroke

rides2far@juno.com writes:

how hot does your horse feel to the touch?  Stand in the shade
at a creek, sponge your horse, then lay your hand on his skin...is there
a lot of heat coming from deep down inside?  You cannot allow that core
temperature to get that high.

Problematic, as you can't 'feel' core body temperature. By the time you feel
something that is a red flag, the person - or horse - is already in trouble.
I know - I went through the very same thing this mare did years ago whilst
acquiring my degree in Exercise Physiology - deep body core heat stroke - boy
was that nasty. ANYTIME you or your horse is working THAT hard and not
sweating - it is trouble.