Re: Norco Ride

Don't forget that after explaining how "brutal" the day had been on the horses that day and announced NO BC, everyone at the awards cheered.!

Becky and the gang.
----- Original Message -----
From: Vallonelee@aol.com
To: Ridecamp@endurance.net
Sent: Monday, September 03, 2001 9:11 AM
Subject: RC: Norco Ride

Lynne, Julie and the gang again pulled off a great ride.  The weather was
warmer than planned and that apparently caused some problems.  However, the
trails was beautiful, the volunteers were plentiful and the food and awards
were great.  As always, the water hole was refreshing, more so this year with
the higher temps!

I really want to mention (yes, yet again) that we as riders have the ultimate
responsibility for our horses.  This was a hot and humid ride with some deep
sand thrown in for good measure.  If you rode accordingly and slowed down
where needed there was no real problem completing.

I was proud of the Head Vet who decided not to give a BC award as he felt
that all the horses that were eligible were not BC material.  I applaud his
committment to the welfare of our horses and I feel he made a powerful
statement with his decision, and one that we should all fully support.

Lee