Re: RC: Heat Index

  guest@endurance.net wrote:

Kathy Bishop jbishop@att.net
Can someone please explain the heat index? How is it calculated? What to
do in different climates?

It's a formula meteorologists use to tell you how hot it feels out there.  Of course, to endurance riders, the sum of the actual heat plus the actual humidity is the most important.  In Oklahoma, it has been the sum of 120 after 6:00 PM.  I've been doing dressage work with my guys and they're ringing wet after 20 minutes of hard arena work.  When the sum was close to 150, I stayed inside and played it smart.

Susan Young Casey
Glenndale Grace Farm
Ft Gibson, Oklahoma U.S.A.

"Ride on! Rough-shod if need be, smooth-shod if that will do, but ride on! Ride on over all obstacles,
and win the race!" - Charles Dickens (1812-1870)

Do You Yahoo!?