pommel bag preferences

Hi All,

I was browsing the on-line Long Riders Gear catalog and am
wondering which pommel bag option is preferable for an
endurance saddle - the type that attaches to the pommel but
actually rests on the horse, in front of the pommel... or the type
that attaches to and rests on the pommel?

I'm comparing the "SLIMLINE POMMEL PAX" (2nd photo from
top) and "GRIFFIN'S POMMEL BAGS" (last photo at bottom)
at this site:
http://www.extendinc.com/longridersgear/saddlebags.htm

Thx!

Janet (& Pilgrim & Boz)