RE: Re: FEI seminars atPAC from Angie

Try    http://www.balance-boards.com/

Bob Morris

-----Original Message-----
From: Rides 2 Far [mailto:rides2far@juno.com]
Sent: Saturday, September 01, 2001 3:21 PM
To: sbrown@wamedes.com
Cc: ridecamp@endurance.net
Subject: RC: Re: FEI seminars atPAC from Angie

> I'd love to know more about this set-up since it sounds like a cool
> teaching tool.

It was just a board, about 2'x2'.  There were little stickers that looked
like the bottom of your shoes to show you where to stand so they'd be
equidistance from the center.  Then on the bottom was about a 1"x2" strip
of wood that ran down the center from front to back. It looked easy to
build.  The exercise he had us do involved laying on your back with your
feet on a big beachball type ball, then trying to roll the ball up to
your rear end.  I always fell to the right because the left was my strong
side.  Another was to stand on your strong leg and have your weak leg
roll a medicine (heavy) ball up your leg.

He recommended jumping rope for exercise to improve rythm.  Recommended
against push-ups because he said it builds the wrong muscles.  (I don't
think he puts up his own hay like I do)

We tested our flexability. (I was most flexible amazingly enough)  Take
your arms. Try to touch your fingers behind your shoulderblades by
putting your left arm back at the waist and right arm over your shoulder.
 (I could grip my fingers together) Then do it with the other arm up.

Cross your right leg with your ankle sitting on your left knee (like men
sit)  Does your shin go horizontal to the ground? Can you do it on the
other side? (Mine both went horizontal)

Spread your legs (like when doing toe touches)  Twist and touch your left
ankle with both hands, then reverse to the right. Are you equally limber
both directions?

Stand on your left foot.  Bend your right leg and clasp your ankle with
your right hand, then bend forwards bringing the leg back about 4".  Do
the other side.

That's all I can remember for now.

Angie

Angie