Horses for slaughter

Carla Lawson robcarla@hotmail.com
First I will agree this is not an endurance related subject unless the
main purpose is assume there
are good horses available on feedlots. Or to share related stories etc.
etc. etc.
But I wish you all would think this for a couple of moments...when you
read the emails about
horse slaughter enter the word cow.. instead of horse.Doesn't affect you
much huh?  For all the emails concerning endurance
rides for once enter the word cow. Sounds really weird huh? heres an
example
My Cow came into hold with a pulse of 56. We went to VC and the vet had me
trot my cow out. He
said she seemed a bit off in the left rear. I wanted to scream at the
owner of the Cow that kicked
mine.  But she was nowhere to be seen. People who have Cows that kick
should put red ribbons in
the stupid Cows tail. Can anyone tell me what color to put in a Bulls
tail?
 There is some where in the world a person is starving. I can gaurantee
that if a person was trapped
in the wilderness in a snowstorm that that person would set their sights
on the horse if the stomach
got hungry enough. I mean gee...people have crashed and eaten their own to
survive right?
If we looked at Cows as Horses and Horses as cows this would be a same
conversation right?
Do I agree that there should be better transport laws. Oh YES..But give me
a break guys. It is ALL
around you. 1000 years ago a horse was a precious comodity as a food
source. You can't save all the
horses, You can make a better life for some that have something to offer.
Yeah I feel a good torching
coming on. But if you are going to SAVE the horses you might as well help
a few cows, sheep, goats
and pigs along the way.
Carla (heading to a good pig skin throwing.. Saracuse vs. Tennessee.)
Ansata (whew a well needed break!)
Haley (DON'T forget the baby sitter!!!)
Rob (dig out my orange!)