Re: Aussie Saddles

Tracey Ritter tracey_ritter@yahoo.com
Antoinette,

I have an "Aussie Endurance" saddle that I have been conditioning my 5
y.o. Peruvian Paso gelding with for next year's endurance rides, and I
just love it (he seems to as well).  It weighs only 16 lbs. before
fittings, offers very close contact (compared with other Aussies) with my
horse when I ride, and is comfortable without the bulkiness that I usually
associate with traditional Aussie saddles.  I've been riding with it for
over a year now with continued success, and it's been great for "short
backed" gaited horses like my Peruvian.  I would certainly buy one again,
as it's a pretty good value at around $600.  I have since added
lightweight aluminum endurance stirrups and ride with a Supracor endurance
pad; two thumbs up on this chosen combo so far.  If you would like
additional information, the I believe the saddlery's web page is:
www.kates.net, and look for their "Aussie Endurance" saddle.  I hope this
is of some help to you as you continue your search.

ps:  it looks much better in person than it does on their website... I was
pleasantly surprised when I opened the box and saw the nice stitching on
the seat that's otherwise difficult to see in detail on their webpage.

Best Regards,

Tracey Ritter, Portland OR

"We should have a great many fewer disputes in the world if words were
taken for what they are, the signs of our ideas only, and not for things
themselves."

-Locke, Essay on Human Understanding