Re[2]: DIY blood glucose checks

Hello Bob,
TO all - the device to sample the blood is called a LANCE, it is NOT a
needle .. NOTHING goes IN .. it is the same device the diabetics use
to obtain a drop of blood sample.

I see no violation on the defined rule - and will continue to take
samples  -- please note many vets are in fact taking samples at ride ..
that is a full draw from the vein .. should this also be considered in
the same light??  Just because a 'vet' takes a 'sample' and is not a
ride vet but a researcher, who's to say they would not inject something.

If I was using a real needle there 'might' be some point, but this is
quite petty.

In fact, I am waiting for the day when the small machines currently
used a many rides (vets) to preform a small blood panel can be preformed to
provide additional information for the ride vet and the rider.
As many know this is being done today.

Roger Rittenhouse
roger@vmaxept.com