Re: Re: Those Damn Generators

----- Original Message -----
From: Victoria A Thompson
Sent: Thursday, August 30, 2001 2:44 AM
To: ridecamp@endurance.net
Subject: RC: Re: Those Damn Generators

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I believe Howard was on vacation and not at
an endurance race.
If I misread Howard's original post, I apologize; but a vacation and an
endurance race are two different things.

Howard, it takes a little investigating, but the next time you want to go
on a quiet vacation camping with your horse look for a campground that is
for tent campers only.  Yes, they're out there.  You just have to look
for them.

Or ... we could just use the generators for target practice with 12 gauge
shotguns.

Tori

Tori:

The race was up there in Vermont.  I went to an AERC ride (FEI wasn't invited), so it's normally called a "run", not a race, even though folks do race, myself included (although I'm trying to wean away from that).  It was the GERA ride near Dawsonville, Georgia.  My third time there.

I don't know what it was, but I was surrounded by generators. I got there early, on Thursday, cause I couldn't wait to get out of the Florida heat with my horses.  Even though most folks (non Floridians I might add) complained about the heat at GERA, to me, I was in heaven.  I never broke a sweat. And I didn't want to come home till October.  That was until the generators cranked up.  Then I couldn't wait to leave.

By Friday, I was surrounded by generators.  Three, four all around me.  And the owners ran them all day long.  Want to know why?  For their air conditioning inside their motor home.  Or to run the blow dryer for their hair cause they just took a nice warm shower. I don't remember seeing anyone on life support.

I'm sorry, but if it's so hot for you that you have to run your generator all day to stay inside your air conditioned trailer/motor home, maybe, it's too damn hot for you to ride your horse 50 miles.  Not to mention the crap the rest of us have to listen to.

No wonder we don't socialize anymore at the rides.  You can't have a normal conversation with those silly things running.  I find no excuse for this behavior.  And I will park away from everyone if everyone decides this is how it's going to be.  It's gone past the point of being normal, or OK.  It isn't.  And if  you're gonna be that self centered, arrogant, and rude, I really don't want to be near you anyway. And you won't want to be near me either.

cya,

Howard (yea, I'm pissed off.  I won't let this one go)