Re: RC: Those Damn Generators

Hi Howard

BOY, do I know how you feel.  I was actually somewhat shocked the first time
or two  I experienced this - I expected somebody to DO something  :-).   What
kind of an outdoor experience is this, walking along, smelling petrochemicals
and listening to engines???  Yuck.  But the fact is, most folks aren't going
to give up our/their creature comforts, and they're mostly not going to pay
hundreds of dollars so that others won't be inconvenienced, either.  I hate
the generators.   Wish the ride managers would relegate them to one area.  (I
can just see it: there is the Dog Area, the No Dog Area, The Generator Area,
the No Generator Area, Generators w/Dogs, Generators w/o Dogs.........  :-)))

I'll tell you what has partly changed my mind, though.  (I don't use a
generator BTW.)   These days, it seems as if most of the ride camps I visit
are virtually huge parking lots full of rigs, not a camping experience
anyhow.   It's true, the "parking lot" is dirt, i.e. a field, and it may have
pretty scenery surrounding, but by the time everybody gets set up it is
wall-to-wall vehicles.  Wouldn't seem like aesthetically enjoyable camping to
me anyhow, because you can't walk 25 feet in any direction w/o being in
someone else's "campsite".   So I just changed my mind set - I don't think of
the Ride Camp as camping anymore.   Then when I get to a ride site that is
different (like Cuneo Creek) I'm just thrilled.   Good luck in your mission
about this.