Re: RC: Those Damn Generators

Oh, gosh, I have to agree with you, Howard.  I have a dressing room in my
gooseneck trailer that we have converted to sleeping quarters.  Very basic,
mattress, porta potty, camp stove.  No generator and I don't ever expect to
get one.  My heat source at night is Hubby and blankets.  That's his job and
he does it well.  I've been fortunate to never have been disturbed by a
generator at night, but then again, when 3 horses got loose at 2 am and
everyone was running around like mad, I never heard that either.  I ride in
New England and those early and late season rides get pretty cold at night,
so I'd love to know where you guys are riding that you need heat.  Vermont
in August gets pretty cold at night, and I was at a ride in Rhode Island in
October where it was in the 20's at night.  I was cold because the air
mattress I was sleeping on deflated in the back of the van I was sharing
with a girl friend, but I would have been fine if the mattress stayed
intact.

Carolyn Burgess