Re: Those Damn Generators

I can't remember what ride it was...but the ride manager announced that no generators were allowed to run after 9pm or before 6 am.  Sounds like a good idea to me!

----- Original Message -----
From: Merryben@aol.com
To: hwb67@msn.com
Cc: ridecamp@endurance.net
Sent: Tuesday, August 28, 2001 10:15 PM
Subject: RC: Those Damn Generators

Howard, I have a big Featherlite with a generator I bought from the Duck
because it was so quiet.  Hondas are generally pretty quiet.  However, I run
it during the day to charge up the battery and sometimes to run the computer
to do ride results.  I do not ever run it after dark, even though it is
quiet.  Generators are just fine in the hands of polite people.  Of course
that goes for dog owners too and don't get me started on that subject.  And
yes, I have dogs and my roommate and I used to take all four of them to
rides.  We did not, however, take them to the ride meeting and even to the
banquet, like some of the idiots do.  My dogs are so unobtrusive that half
the time no one knows they are even there.    Basically, it is a matter of
plain old manners.....mb