Re: RC: Re: Spooking on trail

Gee,
 I just softly with an quiet steady voice say,"uh-oh, what was that?" and
talk to my mare as I stoke her neck. I tell her "look at that, that is so
silly, that won't bite" etc. I call her a "silly mare" and keep my voice
steady and calm.
 I think the talking more than what I say is what helps. Letting her know
that I see it too and the soothing voice and touch really is what calms
the horses down. :0) IMHO

In His Hands,
Lisa P.
www.outbackacres.com
The Aussies:Possum, Boomer, Dusty, and Barley
Chat room ICQ #111639534