Zig-zag problem

I hear ya!  I used to get this BIG TIME with my spooky guy...but I figured
out that it was more me than it was him.  Because he was so spooky, I tended
to anticipate him leaping around, and spend most of my time going down the
trail looking side to side for things that might scare him.

Well said , I have the same problem - My first endurance horse was very
spooky mare and I spent all my rides looking around for things too frighten
her - I now have a very laid back gelding who I have been turning into a
spooky maniac- Looking for things to spook at.      I also rode a gelding
that was neurotic around traffic  and as a result developed a phobia about
vehicles especially the ones with horse biting object rattling on the back!
Rasheed couldn't care about these but I still am nervous and have to
consciously think about ignoring them so as not to worry him. When I am
riding now I also focus ahead and find that any sudden movement in the
saddle (looking to the side , leaning forward suddenly , dropping my
shoulder etc) tends  to make him spook or suddenly slam on brakes.It has
always confused me how I end up with the spooky horses until I realised I am
the spooky one!!!!

Regards,
Cindy Budler

Marketing Information Analyst
Afrox Fabrication
Germiston
South Africa
Tel : 011 876 1179
e-mail:  Cindy.Budler@afrox.boc.com <mailto:Cindy.Budler@afrox.boc.com>

This footnote confirms that this e-mail message has been scanned for
the presence of known computer viruses by the MessageLabs Virus
Control Centre. However, it is still recommended that you use
local virus scanning software to monitor for the presence of viruses.