Slamming the French

Susie Jones swjones@bacavalley.com
(I'm a member of ridecamp, but for some reason I have to post as a
guest....)

Howard Barmhall wrote:

Ah, the French.  Everyone loves the French; without them where would we
have gotten the Statue of Liberty?  Of course, let's not mention the fact
that they do eat horsemeat over there. And then there's that issue of
riding crops which the FEI no longer allows.

My reply:

Howard - this is where I have a problem with your "view" of international
riding.  You were not at the finish line in France.  I was.  The French
were not riding with crops - the two front-running French riders crossed
the line holding hands - it was a beautiful example of team spirit.

They are not the reason that riding crops are no longer allowed on FEI
rides.

Susie Jones, AERC# 7997
proud supporter of International Endurance Competitions (and a member of
AERC International since it's inception)
Miami, NM