Re: RC: Re: Trail Riding Safety

Carolyn Burgess wrote:

> Too all who responded about watering a horse.  I know this...
> ....Please no more emails.  Thanks,

Poor Carolyn :)  We understood.

> I was just confirming the same thing that Linda
> Merims had learned growing up, to never water a hot horse.  I was taught
> many stupid things that I did not incorporate into my own belief structure,
> and this is one of the stupid things.

Sometimes it seems that *not* growing up with old-time
horse management techniques is more useful, eh? Newbies
to horses may not have that well of knowledge behind
them, but equally, they don't have to slog through that
well and figure out what doesn't actually work any more.

Either way, my point was that horse management education
is the best possible safety thing - for horse and rider.

--
Lucy Chaplin Trumbull - elsie@foothill.net
Repotted english person in Garden Valley (Sierra Foothills), CA