Re: RE: water crossing-now knock knock

Title: RE: water crossing

----- Original Message -----
From: Kathy Mayeda
.  I just bopped her with my bare hand right between her eyes.  You should have seen the shocked look on her face!  But she walked calmly over the streambed after that and has done so ever since.  It just broke her hysteria cycle and got her attention.

Since then, I learned that Linda Tellington-Jones would tap between the eyes to get a horses attention.  I’m not advocating this method necessarily – I just did it out of shear instinct and without a single thought about it until the deed was done

  Note that I said TAPPING, not striking.  And of course, having another horse lead the way over the stream, but I bet you have already tried this, so I’ll let other more wiser people comment!

K.

**I had to laugh.....actually, this is something our new vet told me when my then yearling was squirling around while vet tried to stitch a cut (after tranks), she said at Davis, it was common to keep up a light, consistent tapping between the eyes-that is sinus and there is -nothing- in there....
Karen

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-Ridecamp is a service of Endurance Net, http://www.endurance.net. Information, Policy, Disclaimer: http://www.endurance.net/RideCamp =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-