Re: RC: horse sale ads...good home?

<<<Being I have been looking at horse ads lately, I find one phrase sort of
amusing. "Good Home Only". Now I was just wondering, by putting those words
in the ad, do you think you will discourage those who will not give the
horse a good home from calling? >>>

That's weasel language that allows the seller to pick and choose who they
want to sell to, regardless if the potential buyers meets the price.  The
way the law works, if you advertise anything for sale, without conditions,
and someone meets your price, you must sell.  They would beable to take you
to court to force performance as well.  When you put words like, "to a good
home only", "to a perfect home", etc.  then even if they meet your price,
you can legally refuse to sell to them.

Carolyn Burgess