From: CMKSAGEHIL@aol.com [mailto:CMKSAGEHIL@aol.com]
Sent: Friday, August 10, 2001 12:04 AM
To: ridecamp@endurance.net
Subject: RC: Conflict of Interest

In a message dated Fri, 10 Aug 2001 12:50:11 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
Merryben@aol.com writes:

> At every World Championship and Pan Am that I have attended and/or crewed,
> the teams wore uniforms. I think they were mostly donated but they
> definitely wore uniforms. Actually we, as official crew, were given
T-shirts
> that had to be worn to identify us.

Yes, most teams and crews DO wear uniforms, but that is not mandated by FEI.
It is a matter of team choice, and has the advantages of being a morale
booster, making a team statement, and making team members and crew members
easier to spot.  All that is mandated in the rules is a conservative dress
code--conservative riding tights or breeches, safe footwear (there is a heel
specification), a shirt with a collar (plain polo shirt will do), and a
helmet.  As I recall, there is also something in the rules about not wearing
advertising.  That is a pretty broad and reasonable dress code, and leaves
plenty of leeway for teams wearing uniform clothing, or not, depending on
what they choose to do.

Heidi