Rearing in battle was Re: Robert Duvalls casting call

Rearing in battle was a taught maneuver.  In the
extremely old military horse manuals that my husband
has in his collection, it notes that it is very
intimidating to foot soldiers confronted by that horse
and it allowed the mounted rider a better view of the
battle field.

It does say that horse & rider must be well trained
and that it is not a good move if confronted by a foot
soldier with a pike.  Horse could end up gored.

Bits of trivia.

Linda Flemmer
Blue Wolf Ranch
West Virginia