Re: tack wishes

Title: Re: tack wishes
Rides 2 Far <rides2far@juno.com> said:

>I'd like a tank top with a smaller neck so the straps don't fall
>down...while you're at it make it the color of horse slobber.

Have you been to a really decent bicycle shop lately?  With all the 'Tour de France' hoopla, it seems like everybody is wanting to do endurance bicycling and there's all this cool stuff and clothes that cross over nicely to endurance riding.

Additionally, you get to freak out the waitstaff when you tell them what you're using it for.  : )

>Half chaps made for short people that don't cut into the back of your
>knee.

Have you tried Ariat half chaps?  They come in sizes *and* 'lengths'.

I love mine.

>I hope someone will make a crupper like the one Ortho-Flex made.  If
>they're out of business, don't know where to get one that's *really*
>comfortable like that one.

>A breastcollar that doesn't put a buckle laying on top of the horse's
>neck.

Zilco tack!!  Oh, I love my Zilco breast collar!  I don't need the crupper, but I've seen it and it looks like it works even better than the Ortho-flex.  Long Rider's Gear's got both!

Now what I want for Christmas is a snaffle bit that will stop my ex-racehorse.  Right now, I've gotta use a curb to stop at rides and a snaffle for dressage training at home.