crupper

I ordered a replacement ortho-flex neoprene piece from
Corry at Horses Dacor, cut a piece of Mtn. climbing rope to
fit (you have to take out the core of the rope a little
ways back on each end, so you can fold and sew around rings
or snaps) got a piece of biothane in the color to match my
headstall, cut the pieces to size and then using brass
snaps and conway buckles made my own. Cost me about $35
altogether, matches the rest of my tack, easy to clean,
comfortable for the horse and you can't tell I didn't buy
it. LOVE the neoprene!

--- Rides 2 Far <rides2far@juno.com> wrote:
> >  What is the most important piece of tack you use, and
> why.
>
> The biggest difference was when I got the deep endurance
> stirrups. Oh
> happy day!
>
> > What is the piece of tack you wish was produced for
> Endurance  Riders.
>
> I hope someone will make a crupper like the one
> Ortho-Flex made.  If
> they're out of business, don't know where to get one
> that's *really*
> comfortable like that one.
>
> I could go for a heavy plastic folding saddle rack so I
> don't have to put
> that metal on metal in back of my pickup and hear it
> banging around.
>
> I'd like a helmet whose lining held up better when dipped
> in a
> bucket...maybe even one *meant* to be dipped. (I like the
> dribble down
> the neck effect).
>
> I'd like a tank top with a smaller neck so the straps
> don't fall
> down...while you're at it make it the color of horse
> slobber.
>
> A heart monitor pouch that doesn't bounce and has
> something
> more substantial than velcro to hold it closed.
>
> A mohair English girth with stainless steel roller
> buckles and a
> RING TO HOOK A BREASTCOLLAR TO.
>
> Half chaps made for short people that don't cut into the
> back of your
> knee.
>
> A "shim pad" that can be added on top of a regular Toklat
> pad.
>
> Pads to go behind English buckles.
>
> A breastcollar that doesn't put a buckle laying on top of
> the horse's
> neck.
>
> Splint boots with stainless steel hardware.
>
> A picket line rope with a brass bull snap on a cotton
> lead.

> GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
> http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.

> Ridecamp is a service of Endurance Net,