Re: RC: Top Ten Tips???

In a message dated Thu, 9 Aug 2001 12:14:21 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Onefarmgirl@aol.com writes:

> Why did I think it was preferable to run inside?   So you aren't between the
> horse and the vet?

Pat, you beat me to it!  Unless you are REALLY athletic and can run REALLY well (I'm not!!) it behooves you to teach your horse to trot out when being led from either side.  It isn't much of an advance on longe line work ini the "off" direction--it takes a bit of coordination on the part of the presenter, but it sure looks nicer and is easier on the old bod once you get it down!

Heidi