New ride in SW Idaho - September 1

I'm trying to get a feel for how many riders to expect on this ride -
anybody that thinks they might come - please let me know
(steph@endurance.net) -

OR - if you can come and help in anyway, that would be great! Let me know so
I can figure out a great job for you!

Steph

-------------
Come ride the trails in southern Idaho's rugged Owyhee County!

September 1, 2001

100 miles, 50 miles, 30 miles

And we are also offering a 10 mile Trail Ride

The Trail: will include some climbs into the Juniper and Pines at the base
of the Owyhee mountains. The rest will consist of dirt road, cross-country,
cow trails, ridge tops and sand/gravel washes - there will be a little bit
of everything. Footing is generally good, but there will be some sand and
rock. Pads or Easyboots are recommended. 100 milers will have easy dirt
road/cowtrail loops in the morning and the evening. This should be a
moderate 100 mile course. There will be one vet check away from camp. We
will have glow sticks for the 100 milers, plus September 1 is a full moon so
it should be easy going at night.
The Weather: Average high temperature for September 1 is 84 degrees, average
low is 53.

The Camp:will be a large field on our ranch outside of Oreana, Idaho. We
will provide horse water, please bring people water.

Directions: From I-84 West (Oregon)take exit 35 (Nampa Blvd, Hwy 55,
Marsing), turn south onto Nampa Blvd. (towards Nampa). Turn left on 3rd St.
and then follow signs to Hwy 45 to Murphy and Silver City. From I-84 East
(Idaho, Montana)take exit 38, Garrity Blvd. Follow into Nampa, turn left on
3rd, and then right on 12th - follow signs to Hwy 34. Follow 12th/Hwy 45
south to the Snake River. Hwy 45 becomes Hwy 78 after crossing the Snake
River. Go LEFT on Hwy 78 towards Murphy and Grandview. Stay on Hwy 78
approx. 23 miles. Turn right on Oreana Loop Rd. (past mile marker 42) Take
first right onto Bates Creek Rd.(about 1.5 mi.) Continue 4.5 miles to camp.
Driving time from Boise or Nampa is about 1 hour.

Awards: Potluck dinner and awards Saturday evening. Time TBA.

Entries:
30 miles: $45
50 miles: $65
100 miles $100.
Juniors half price!
Trail Ride: $15

Contact: Ride manager: Steph Teeter. HC 79 Box 2103, Oreana, ID 83650.
steph@endurance.net. 208.875.1206 or 208.834.2788.